Who told you that all you need is to be studious in order to succeed in life. ‘Talent’ is another driving factor which leads to the road called success. Guess that is what drew our favourite Bollywood celebrities to quit their studies to fulfill their dreams in the land of showbiz.
- Karishma Kapoor: Karishma rocked the industry in 90’s with her charm and comic timing. The actress who worked with all the Bollywood’s top actor, left her studies to join film industry. Apparently, Karishma was just 16 when she started working in films. In fact, she was in class 6th when she left studies, to follow her dream of becoming an actress.
2. Aamir Khan: Aamir’s dedication towards his art of acting, made him earn the title of ‘Mr Perfectionist’. The actor who has worked in various critical acclaimed as well as Bollywood blockbusters, studied till High School only. Acting bug bit Amir in childhood only which made him appear as a child artist. He later went on to join, his uncle Nasir Hussain where he assisted him.
3. Aishwarya Rai: The beauty queen and winner of Miss World 1994, Aishwarya was a brilliant student in studies. In one of her interviews, Aishwarya admitted that she wanted to be an architect, but after winning the beauty pageant and successful modelling carrier, she opted to quit studies to pursue acting.
4. Salman Khan: Bollywood’s ultimate bachelor Salman Khan too left studies to take his dream of acting forward. The actor dropped out from Bandra’s prestigious ‘National College’ and debuted as asupporting actor in ‘Biwi Ho TohAisi’ and further became the lead actor in SoorajBarjatya’s ‘Maine Pyaar Kia’.
5. Deepika Padukone: Bollywood’s current sensation Deepika, left her studies in IGNOU College where she was studying Arts to continue her Modelling carrier. The actress also did a few music videos before making debut opposite SRK in ‘Om Shanti Om’.
6. Shahid Kapoor: The ‘Haider’ actor was studying in Mumbai’s Meethibai College when he joined ShamakDawar’s dance academy. After that he discontinued studies and later got appeared in music videos, which led his path towards his debut film ‘IshqVishq’.
7. Priyanka Chopra: PC won the title of Miss World in 2000 at the small age of 17. Post her win, she got so many Bollywood movie offers that she didn’t pursue her then dream of becoming a Criminal Physologist.
8. Akshay Kumar: Akshaywas never much interested in studies but was always very active in sports. He dropped out of Guru Nanak Khalsa College to learn Martial Arts in Bangkok. It was actually his martial arts skills that got him break in Bollywood.
9. Alia Bhatt: The girl next door and bubbly actor was just 19 when she made her debut in Karan Johar’s ‘Student Of The Year’. In fact, she was still schooling when she made her film carrier and never got in to college.