The world is changing and not just in terms of progress. Over the past 5 years we have seen several life threatening environmental depletions which have been caused by man. It is very important for us to do our bit towards the environment in order to sustain one for the future generations. On this World Environment Day, let us look at 5 Bollywood actors who are leading the environmentally conscious brigade.
- Richa Chadha – Leading the bandwagon, Richa Chadha has always been vocal about doing our bit for the environment. The Fukrey actress has been leading a very organic lifestyle and even prefers to wear sustainable fashion in order to prevent further harm to the environment
- Amitabh Bachchan – Sr. Bachchan has always show support for environmental friendly causes, be it the Versova Clean Up drive or the Swacch Bharat Abhiyaan. Big B has always got the time to stand for the environment.
- Taapsee Pannu – The Pink actress was roped in for a campaign by Animal Planet on tiger conservation to generate an interest in the survival and conservation of the National Animal of India.
- Priyanka Chopra – A UNICEF ambassador, PC has travelled the world visiting various camps set up for under privileged women and children. She also voices out her support for the plastic ban and has been supportive towards other such causes
- Dia Mirza – The former Miss Asia Pacific is an advocate for eco friendly living and as of November last year has been the UN Environment Goodwill Ambassador for India.