Shakti Mohan is celebrating her birthday today. She is not only known for her superb dancing skills in the industry but also her kind attitude and fitness enthusiasm. Her career kicked off when she won the winning title in the second season of one of the biggest dance reality shows of the nation, ‘Dance India Dance’ in 2010.
We have specially curated a list of some of the interesting facts about Shakti:
1. As a child, Shakti suffered an injury of the serious kind. Doctors claimed that there are chances, she won’t even be able to walk again, let alone dancing. However, she never gave up and all the constant love and support from her family helped her overcome the injury.
2. Before being serious about pursuing a career in dancing, the actress wanted to become an IAS officer. However, being part of ‘Dance India Dance’ and winning the competition took her life into an entirely different direction altogether.
3. Before making her debut into the entertainment industry, Shakti got her diploma in dancing from ‘Terence Lewis Dance Foundation Scholarship Trust’ in the year 2009. Before perfecting other genres of dancing, she was a trained contemporary artist.
4. Apart from starring in shows like, ‘Dil Dosti Dance’, ‘ Preet Se Bandhi Ye Dori Ram Milaayi Jodi, ‘ Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai’ and many more and featuring in amazing dance numbers like ‘Aa Re Pritam Pyaare’, ‘Kambal Ke Neeche’, ‘Tequila Wakila’, etc. She has choreographed songs like Kamli from Dhoom 3 and Nainowale from Padmaavat.
5. She now owns her own dance brand called ‘Nritya Shakti’. It has also produced two web series under their name i.e. Break a Leg Season 1 and 2. She also ventured into Youtube as a creator and uploads instruction videos for dancing.