Known for her amazing portrayal in shows like Uttaran and Dil Se Dil Tak, actress Rashami Desai is celebrating her birthday today. She rose to prominence once again after her appearance in the last season of the controversial reality show Bigg Boss and has a huge fan base now.
On her special day, let’s take a look at some of the major moments from the life of Rashami Desai:
1. Although she is from a Gujarati family, Rashami was born in the city of Nagaon situated in Assam.
Happy bday @TheRashamiDesai u achieve all the success u want
u r the pillar who took entire responsibility of family
ur acting career started wid bhojpuri industry won national award
U r tv queen ur acting as tapasya wow
U r dancing queen ur dance in jhalak wow
HBD Rashami Desai pic.twitter.com/BnYs6UM2ek
— Neha (@bansalneha3) February 12, 2021
2. Her birth name is Shivani Desai but she changed it to Rashami before beginning her career in the entertainment industry.
3. Before she landed television shows, she was a prominent name in the Bhojpuri industry as she had done films like Balma Bada Nadaan and Gabbar Singh.
List of RD's DEBUT in different industries:
Assamese Film: Kanyadan (2002)
Bolywood Film: Ye Lamhe Judai Ke (2004)
Bhojpuri Film: Balma Bada Nadaan(2004)
Gujarat Film: Superstar (2017)
TV: Raavan (2006)
This is ONLY her Debut! What would be her career then!
TV Star Rashami pic.twitter.com/2EJRxodk9f
— 𝘈𝘴𝘢𝘥. (@PsychologistAsd) June 9, 2020
4. Although people remember her most through her role of Tapasya from the show ‘Uttaran’, that wasn’t her debut TV show. Rashami first appeared on ‘Ravan’, which was a mythological drama that aired in 2007. She then did two others shows lie Meet Mila De Rabba and Pari Hoon Main before she landed Uttaran.
5. Rashami also ventured into the OTT space where her short film ‘Tamas’ released last year on Disney+ Hotstar and Youtube. Another one of her web shows, ‘Tandoor’ is currently in post-production.