Govinda is one such actor from the Hindi film industry that largely defined the 90s era. He undoubtedly was the Hero No. 1 in everyone’s hearts because of his phenomenal acting, mind-blowing dance moves and comedy overdoses. Throughout his career, Govinda specialised in action and comedy films and entertained the audience wholeheartedly with hits like Partner, Saajan Chale Sasural, Haseena Maan Jayegi, Dulhe Raja and so on.
Today marks Govinda’s birthday and on this special occasion, we have some special facts about the star that you definitely shouldn’t miss out on.
1. Although he debuted in Bollywood at the age of 23 with the film ‘Love 86’. He was rejected by Rajshri Productions when he tried his luck there at the age of 15. They said he was ‘too young’.
Enjoy watching this comedy of errors from superhit film #Love86 where Superstar Govinda turns into a notorious burglar and is caught off-guard!#GovindaComedyScene #love86 #OldBollywoodMovieshttps://t.co/7t4T1GIbaL pic.twitter.com/3mNBTJtUfJ
— Ultra Hindi (@UltraHindi) December 4, 2018
2. Known for his amazing Bollywood style dancing and giving multiple iconic hook steps through his films, not many people are aware that the actor is also a trained Indian classical dancer.
3. Govinda is a powerhouse of talent in the truest sense as he is also quite a singer. He has lent his voice in movies like Shola Aur Shabnam, Aankhen and Haseena Maan Jayegi.
4. He was felicitated by the honour of being the ‘Actor of the Decade’ in the year 2016 by the India Leadership Conclave.
5. He was also included in the list of ‘World’s Greatest Star of Stage or Screen’ in 1999 by an online poll by BBC. He was in the 10th position in the list.