The very beautiful, Dia Mirza is celebrating her birthday today. Former beauty pageant queen and now an actress, she has created a special place in everyone’s heart owing to her stunning self, elegance and grace.
Today being her birthday, we bring to you some of the lesser-known facts about Dia Mirza.
1. Dia Mirza won the title of Miss India the same year her B-town contemporaries Lara Dutta and Priyanka Chopra got their titles for Miss Universe and Miss World. Dia went ahead to participate in Miss Asia Pacific after her Miss India win and also won that title.
2. Dia has also been associated with a lot of humanitarian causes like Cancer Patients Aid Association and Spastics Society of India, HIV awareness, female foeticide prevention, PETA and CRY. She is also the UN Environment Goodwill Ambassador & United Nations Secretary-General Advocate for Sustainable Development Goals.
View this post on Instagram
3. She is also the owner of the production house ‘Born Free Entertainment’, under which she has produced shows and films like ‘Love, Breakups, Zindagi’, ‘Mind The Malhotras’ and ‘Bobby Jasoos’. She also announced forming a new production house in 2019 called ‘One India Stories’.
4. The actress is half Bengali, half Hindu and half Muslim. She doesn’t like associating herself with one particular religion.
My mother is a Hindu, my biological father was a Christian, my adopted father – a Muslim. In all official documents, my religion status stays blank. Does religion determine I am an Indian? It never did and I hope it never does. #OneIndia #India
— Dia Mirza (@deespeak) December 18, 2019
5. After starring in multiple Bollywood films, Dia is all set to make her Tollywood debut with the movie ‘Wild Dog’, in which she’ll share screens with Nagarjuna, Saiyami Kher and Atul Kulkarni.