Actor Rana Daggubati has to be the only person from the film industry that rarely gets any hate, even if he plays the role of a bad guy in films. Owing to his charming looks, and amazing presence on screen, he has time and again proved that he is a power-packed performer. Although he started out in 2010 as an actor, he received worldwide acclaim through his role in the superhit epic, Baahubali.
Today the actor is turning 36 and on the occasion of his birthday, we bring you some lesser-known facts about the star that will leave you inspired and more appreciative of Rana Daggubati.
Here we go:
1. Before making his debut through the 2010 Telugu film ‘Leader’, he already worked in the entertainment industry but as a ‘visual effects co-ordinator’ and also got honoured for his work in the 2006 film ‘Sainikudu’ through a Nandi Award (one of the biggest awards in Telugu cinema).
— Prince 🤴 (@VK_18_) September 14, 2020
2. The actor had publicly revealed once that since his childhood, he is blind from his right eye. He said that it was donated to him after a person’s death and if he closes his left eye, he can’t see anything. Had he not revealed this, no one could have guessed it because he is so good at what he does!
— singampalli kiran kumar (@skirankumar31) December 13, 2020
3. Rana is quite a generous being. He had participated in a show titled ‘Memu Saitham’, which basically invites celebrities to take up odd jobs in order to help the underprivileged people of the society. During his feature in the show, he posed as a coolie for an entire day and earned whatever he could to help raise funds.
4. No one can forget what a mindblowing transformation the actor went through for his role as prince Bhalladeva in the Baahubali franchise. Turns out, he put on as much as 110 kgs to play his character on screen! That was only for the first part of the series as he again underwent a transformation and lost 20 kgs to play the younger version of the character.
Unbelievable 4 years of #BaahubaliTheBeginning . #Bhalladeva character will live in us forever ❤️. This day changed the view if India Cinema to pride moment.
5years effort , Industry Hit 🔥.@RanaDaggubati #Prabhas #Anushkashetty @tamannaahspeaks @ssrajamouli @Shobu_ pic.twitter.com/ICn9E72yim
— Rana Daggubati ❤️ Diehard Fans (@RanadaggubatiF) July 10, 2019
5. The actor is the brand ambassador of Pro Kabaddi League and is an avid fan of the team Telugu Titans. He is very upfront about his love for sports and is often seen making lots of posts about his favourite team on social media.
— Rana Daggubati (@RanaDaggubati) January 24, 2016