Superstar from the world of Telugu cinema, Vijay Deverakonda is gearing up for taking all over India and not just south. He made his debut in movies back in 2011 when he starred in ‘Nuvvila’ directed by Ravi Babu. There was no looking back since then as he started to become a fan favorite with every new film he did.
Bollywood Dhamaka has curated a list of why we feel Vijay Deverakonda is the next big thing to come out of the south. See it here:
1. He started gaining recognition nationwide after his 2016 film ‘Pelli Choopulu’ ended up being honoured at the National Film Awards in the category of Best Feature Film in Telugu and also the Filmfare Award for best film in Telugu.
2. Another critical and commercial acclaim came his way after he starred in the 2017 film ‘Arjun Reddy’. He then gave back-to-back hits with films like Mahanati, Geetha Govindam, Taxiwala, and so on.
3. The popularity of Arjun Reddy lead to the film being adapted in Tamil and Hindi languages titled Adithya Varma and Kabir Singh. After the success of both these films, the audience got curious about the original and revisited Arjun Reddy in which Vijay had played the protagonist. It made the star popular than ever in the mass.
Happy, blessed and excited to be associated for a Pan-India film ❤️🕺🏻🙏🏻🧿 with our director @purijagan 🤩 Producers @karanjohar @Charmmeofficial @apoorvamehta18 @DharmaMovies @PuriConnects #PCfilm 😁 pic.twitter.com/aQaQE6o5rA
— Ananya Panday (@ananyapandayy) February 20, 2020
4. Soon the production house from the Hindi film industry, Dharma Productions announced their pan-Indian film and revealed Vijay Deverakonda will be starring in the film alongside Ananya Panday.
My loves 🤍
Yesterday you made me emotional, happy emotional :’)
There was a time I worried if anyone would notice the work I did, if people would turn up to the theaters, yesterday we released the First Look poster of #Liger and the scenes of celebrations moved me.. https://t.co/PT2gA9MdDF
— Vijay Deverakonda (@TheDeverakonda) January 19, 2021
5. The announcement of the new project was followed by the title release i.e. Liger and also the first look. The hype for the film was such that many of the fans even celebrated the occasion by pouring milk on the poster and even getting the logo of the movie tattooed on their wrist.