Satay is a very popular delicacy in Indonesia , served with a sauce and Guacamole is an avocado-based dip or salad originated from Mexico.
So in this recipe I am going to give your palate the right Balance of flavours , sweetness from Indonesia and spiciness from Mexico .
Prep time : 50 min , Ready in : 2:45 min
Ingredients for chicken satay
– 1/2 cup coconut milk
– 3 to 4 clove garlic , finely chopped
– 1 tbsp garam masala powder
– 1 tbsp palm sugar
– salt and pepper to taste
– 500 grams skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into strips
– 3 tbsp roasted peanuts , finely chopped
Ingredients for Guacamole
– 1 ripe avocado
– 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
– 1 small onion , finely chopped
– 1 or 2 red chillies , thinly sliced
– 2 tbs cilantro , finely chopped
– 1 ripe tomato , seeds removed and chopped
– 1 tbsp chipotle sauce
– A dash of fresh black pepper
– salt to taste
– 3tbsp sour cream ( optional)
Ingredients for Tortillas
– 3 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 tsp salt
– 1 tsp baking powder
– ⅓ cup vegetable oil
– 1 cup warm water
– In a large bowl , stir together coconut milk , garlic , garam masala pawder , palm sugar , salt and pepper until sugar has dissolved .
– Toss marinade with the chicken , cover with cling film and marinate for minimum 2 hours.
– Preheat a grill pan on medium-high heat.
– Grill marinated chicken 5 min per side, or until cooked through.
– In a medium size bowl, Cut the avocados in half. (Remove seed.Scoop out the flesh with a spoon)
– using fork roughly mash the avocados ( leaving some chunk pieces )
– Add lime juice , salt and pepper
– Add chopped onion , chilli and cilantro
– Cover with cling film and chill to store
NOTE: Add chopped tomato and sour cream to your guacamole, just before serving
– In a large bowl sift and Combine flour , salt and baking powder
– Add oil and water , mix together
– Transfer from bowl to a well-floured surface. kneed until smooth for about 5 min
– Divide the dough in half , then in half again ( you will 16 fairly equal portions ) make balls
– If dough is sticky , use a bit more flour, cover the dough balls with a clean kitchen towel and allow to rest for 15 min
– Heat a large pan over medium-high heat .
– Roll each dough piece into a round circle .
– When pan is hot , place one dough circle into pan and allow to cook about 1 min . The uncooked surface will begin to show a few little bubble.Flip to other side a cook for 30 sec.
– Remove from pan and stack in a covered container or zippered bag
– Place 1 tortilla , spread guacamole
– Top each serving with grilled chicken , sprinkle some roasted chopped peanuts
– Roll up.
By: Chef Akanksha